The following videos will give you some context as to what I am talking about but I as always will list things that guys do that are complete turn offs in the dating world. And even athletes of every sport does this more so NFL players… ( Updated below – which athlete would I date? )
If you didn’t take a quick look at the videos I posted in this blog, go ahead and look at them and then come back to read the following. Here is a list of what guys do that turn off women ( notice I didn’t say girls) when they are interested in someone and / or want to date them.
- Being ghosted or ignored. One of the key ways most women judge how important they are to their partner is by how much attention they get from him. IF all you are going to do is ONLY contact her WHEN you want something from her, and you aren’t going to pay any attention to her at any other time- that’s a turn off.
- Guys worry more about their swagger. Men who talk a big game but can’t follow through don’t rank high on the attractive meter either. We don’t need to see you root for our favorite team, or show us photos of you working out and all that muscle, when the truth is, we don’t want the guy with the biggest and the best of everything. And we don’t want a guy to “fake” it either.
- Dating numerous women at one time. Simply put, women like men who are respectful enough to pretend they don’t notice other women (even when they do). Not following all the bikini girls on social media is also a plus I might add.
- Poor grooming habits. While sweaty athletes may initially turn a woman on, getting closer to the body odors that accompany them is another story. Most men want women to keep up with their appearance, so it’s fair to say that women don’t want men with pot bellies, dirty fingernails, rumpled clothes and disheveled hair, okay?
- Finally, Pick up lines. Why guys STILL use these is a mystery to me. A sense of humor and being sarcastic is one thing, but using these corny and somewhat offensive pick up lines… turns a woman completely off. Remember, playing games is a complete turn off. Just be your authentic self. Either you want to date her or you don’t, we don’t have time for fun and games.
Here is a list of what guys do WHILE they are dating a woman that is a turn off:
- They complain that their girlfriends need to lose weight.
This here is what we call a dick move. Why are you with this person if you don’t already find them sexually desirable? Is your desire based entirely on appearance? Is your relationship based entirely on sexual desire? Or are you talking about this because you’re concerned about what other people think of your partner? If so, you’re shallow. As is Marlon Humphrey on the Ravens. (He tweeted ” How do you ask your GF to lose weight?” I can tell you that he’s not the ONLY NFL player that cares more about a woman’s looks than anything else…
By the way, this is when a guy treats his girlfriend as a toy. If your toy isn’t making you happy anymore, do her a favor and get a new one so it can move on to someone who will treat her like a human being and want an actual relationship. Not someone who only wants a Barbie doll.
- Being lazy and relying on your girlfriend to always make the plans. The minute she starts to think, ” Why I am going to all this trouble,” is the moment that your relationship is sinking. For me, a guy should be equal in planning what we are doing, it should not always be up to me to decide.
- Even though you are dating, Being touched without consent is a turn off for women, I can guarantee it. Yes, there are times when we want to cuddle, want to touch you, want you to touch us, but knowing that line is the most important. For example, during our periods, we want to me left alone.
- Being overly cocky and close-minded. If you shut her down when she argues your point, it is not a good look. I dated a guy once who was too into me. I know it sounds conceited, but he was. He would constantly throw compliments my way and act like we were married. Learn some humility, and you might have a shot. Stick to being pompous and you’ll be a turn off for women everywhere.
- Not giving space- being too needy. Dating works when BOTH parties are ALLOWED to have THEIR lives and YOUR life together. You can’t be together 24/7- you need to have a little breathing room. Guys should be able to hang with their friends, girls should be able to hang with theirs, and everyone needs time alone. This is how you make the relationship work. Even married people need to have their own lives! You have to find the balance of the relationship, if you don’t you will end up alone.
*** As I stated in my recent podcast in a heartbeat I would date Ryan Lindgren of The NY Rangers. Why? His Character. Right now he is showing how he puts his teammates ahead of himself and he is playing in pain. The fact that he makes Adam Fox better and he makes the team play better. The fact that he has played with heart and soul, is down right attractive. Now, I’m not a chick who likes a big beard, but yes, Ryan is one hell of a sexy beast. But what makes him sexy isn’t his eyes, looks, no… it’s his character and there are SO many athletes that don’t show this at all. I wish we could clone him.
So see guys, it isn’t the amount of muscle you have, money you have or the amount of swagger you have that is what we want in a guy, we want a great character guy. One that shows exactly what Ryan is showing now and has all season long. And that is something that you can’t buy. ***