10 Facts Every Woman Should Know
1. Everyone has rolls when they bend over. Your body is NEVER going to look perfect. Ever.
2. When someone tells you that you’re beautiful, believe them. Stop thinking that people are just saying it, no they mean it.
3. Sometimes we all wake up with breath that could kill anything that is breathing. Bad breath happens to everyone.
4. For every woman unhappy with her stretch marks is another woman who wishes she had them. There are so many women who wish they were moms, remember that.
5. You should definitely have more confidence. And if you saw yourself the way others see you, you would. Your can accomplish anything you set your mind too!
6. Don’t look for a man to save you. Be able to save yourself. Men are not heroes, be your OWN hero and save yourself!
7. Life happens outside your comfort zone. If you never take any risks, you never grow. Life is about growing and learning. Don’t be afraid to live the life YOU want.
8. We all have that one friend who seems to have it all together. That woman with the seemingly perfect life. Well, you might be that woman to someone else.
9. You should be a priority. Not an option, a last resort, or a backup plan. Ever.
10. You’re a woman. That alone makes you pretty damn remarkable.
25 Random Things About Me
So, I was thinking…. maybe it would be cool for readers to get to know who I am and not just “read” my blog posts. Then it hit me…. how about a list of 25 Random Things About Me? Well… here it is in really no order.
- Coffee runs through my veins
- I enjoy crafting, sewing,and art projects
- Baking is a passion
- I still love reading an actual paperback
- I love my sports teams ( Jets, Rangers, Yankees, and Knicks- NY teams)
- Daisies are my favorite flower
- My favorite holidays are my birthday, Halloween and Christmas
- I started dancing at age 7, was a cheerleader, coached cheerleading and was a choreographer.
- My love for writing started in 5th grade
- I coached basketball including an AAU team
- I won the school spirit award in High School
- I hate scary movies
- I love all kinds of music but I am not too fond of heavy metal
- I was in my local newspaper twice- once when I was 3 and interviewed once when the Knicks fired their head coach
- I was also interviewed my the Wall Street Journal
- I feed the birds, squirrels, and chipmunks in my backyard every morning. If I don’t they knock on my door. ( Not kidding!)
- I still wish on the stars at night
- I believe in the magic of Christmas and miracles
- Never ask me for directions, you’ll get lost.
- I collect tea cups and elephant statues
- I was not made for winter
- The only insects I like are butterflies and lady bugs
- I love giving things and sending cards to people for particular no reason than to make them smile or inspire them
- I have written toddler programs for schools
- I started my social media career in 2008
Now, I was thinking… I’m tired of all the hate and politics on social media. How about we take social media back for the fun it should be about and the positivity?
Take the #Random25Challenge and post 25 Random things about you. Use the hashtag when posting.
PS: So, there ya go. Now you know a little bitty more about me. Who are you?
Are You A Badass and Fearless Woman?
Fearless women do things people don’t expect them to do. Not only that, they set their own standards. Every woman has the opportunity to be badass and fearless at the same time. Here’s how:
1 Wake up feeling fearless:
You set your goals and finds ways of achieving them because the person they should take care of first and foremost, it the one they see in the mirror.
2 Beauty Sleep
There’s such a thing as getting your beauty sleep. 8 hours a night is what you need to wake up refreshed and ready to go. For some reason, women will spend money on beautifying their outer self but resist when it comes to the inner self. Unless you are planning on being on the cover of Vogue – please invest on what matters most to your success.
3 Get Out Of Your Comfort Zone
. The path to reaching further into your potential is getting out of the same old comfort zone you’ve been in. You cannot expect different results by being the same year after year – now that’s crazy! But go ahead and expect a little chaos in the midst of change. You can handle it.
4 Ready? Set? Go!
There’s no doubt that excising will make you feel and look even more badass than you are while reading this! So get up off the couch and start exercising.
5 Cinderella Lives
For a woman, having a great pair of sexy high heels not only makes you look badass, but it changes how you feel. When you have your sexy pair you also walk with higher confidence.
6 March To Your Own Drum
March to your own drum. The one that beats to your rhythm. Refrain from following the crowd like sheep or doing everything exactly as someone else does to be successful.
7 Badass and Fearless Women Never Play the Victim Card- Ever!
It’s time to take off the superwoman cape. Stay away from victimhood and martyrdom. While most women are searching social media for acceptance, fearless women are out there living life to the fullest, not giving a rats ass about what others think or say.
8 Your Past is Just That- Your Past
Badass women get to be badass because they don’t dwell on their past, they use it to create their futures.
9 A Badass Woman Needs A Badass Man
Fearless and badass women like their partners to be present and accounted for; texting and using social media are great for quick communication, but she wants a man that shows up and is real. She doesn’t play games.
10 Fearless Women Have No Time To Care About Things They Shouldn’t
Fearless women don’t spend time worrying about how others are shaping up – they are too busy getting their lives in order. Celebrities? who cares. Folks social media posts? She doesn’t have time for that. She’s got things to do and people to see.
11 Make a Statement
Fearless women are not afraid of saying what’s on their minds, they do it and they aren’t sorry for how they feel. A badass woman will never ever let anyone treat her like she’s below them. She’s sexy, fearless, empowered and she knows it.
12 Surround Yourself With The Right People
When it comes to friendships or relationships, she isn’t going to surround herself with people who can’t appreciate her for WHO she is. She knows what she brings to the table, so if someone is treating her unfairly, she knows when to move up and move on.
13 Want A Piece Of Me?
Fearless and sexy women never shy away from going after their dreams. They fight for what they want and believe in no matter what their haters say. It’s taken years of building herself up in a world that is constantly trying to knock her down so she’s not going to stand for anyone that doesn’t respect her.
5 Things Feminism Isn’t.
Back in the day women were told how to catch and keep a man, how to breastfeed, how to raise a family, etc. These women were told how to be a housewife because that was all they were “supposedly” capable of doing. When women in the 1950’s found out that this was the way men actually, truly thought, they just weren’t outraged; they did something about it: and that is how the true feminism movement started. When women got together to talk, the words, “career” or “inferior to men” never were part of the discussion simply because they found themselves embarrassed to even mention it. The question then beckons, “Were feminists back in the 50’s and 60’s really the true definition of a rebel or were they just seen as troublemakers?”
Feminism is NOT the journey to find your true self. Even though there are writers, feminists, and even professors who will try and make you believe this but trust me, this concept is nothing but hogwash.
Feminist is just a word. It’s a word that conjures up hate, resentment, and setbacks. And Feminism does NOT make all our lives better as some will argue. You can demand the world take you seriously without it.
The truth is, only when people make extreme and take extreme measures, so movements get the attention they deserve. And with social media today, it’s a lot easier than you can imagine.
There is ample evidence that the more mainstream media girls consume, the more importance they place on being pretty and sexy. A 2006 survey of 2,000 girls showed that they repeatedly described the pressures of being perfect- thin, please everyone, and dress correctly. So instead of feeling that they have a choice in how to be a woman they want to be, they feel that they must not only have it all but be it all. ( Be smart and stunning and wear a tiara and a cape)
Here’s the lowdown:
1- Feminism will not help you find the right partner.
2- Feminism will do nothing for your sex life. The only thing it can be counted for is the fact that women now have the right to use birth control. But it doesn’t make your sex life better or worse.
3- Shaving or waxing your privates will not make you more feminine and it has nothing to do with feminism.
4-Those women who have plastic surgery to make themselves look better, due so because feminism beckons that they look perfect. Get a nose job so you can function, not so you can look perfect.
5- Feminists argue that dieting isn’t about being skinny, but that is it about having power.
It’s the way a women competes with a man in a “man’s world,” is nothing but hogwash. Dieting should be about health, not about competing against a man or for a man.
If we keep saying that one sex is better than the other, how can we actually be equal?
Everyone, male or female deserve to be treated with respect. Everyone deserves love and everyone deserves a chance to be who they want to be. That was the initial goal of feminism back in the day until the man-bashing women took over the movement. Just like I have learned that not all men are the same, the same can be said about women. All women aren’t into this man-bashing thing. Some of us are goodhearted, sweet, kind and understanding. So to all those men who have given up on finding someone who wants to give you the world, don’t. She is out there, I swear.
Everyone deserves true, real love that is given from the heart. Don’t ever doubt that you deserve it.
Life can be hectic, confusing, painful, unpredictable and who knows what may be around the next corner. But eventually you learn that the human spirit prevails, hearts open and love surprises-–often when we least expect it. And we don’t need “feminism” in order to know that.
Why Is It Important To Support My Brand?
When a consumer supports their local business owners, they enjoy the
benefits they can’t possibly get from shopping at national chains.
When you personally know the people behind the business where you’re buying
local products and services, you enjoy a connection you would not
otherwise have. You celebrate their ups and also encourage their downs.
This personal investment isn’t present with a big corporation or chain
store. Local businesses give a community its flavor. My brand is
different from any chain or corporation out there. I know the products
you buy or the services you request on a regular basis and can tailor
those services to make your experience even better.
Being a female entrepreneur, and being passionate about what I do, makes
me want to reach my brand, ideas and products outward to a bigger
audience. I put myself into my work and create something that’s
enjoyable on multiple levels. I want to create a connection with my
audience not only through my podcast, but through my books, my social
media services and the products I will sell. Sassy Productions is owned
and operated by your neighbor! I care about and invest in the
well-being of my community and its future. Local businesses are more
accountable to their local communities and donate more money to
non-profits. Besides having my company and brand donate to local
charities, I also want to be able to reach a greater audience and help
in any way I can through having my brand supported with your help.
This is why this kickstarter is so important to me. It’s more than just
having a dream fulfilled. It’s also being able to reach out and knowing
that small businesses do not always stay small – hence why corporations
are developed through the priceless support of local and small
businesses. We need to make sure we publicize and highlight the
successes of female entrepreneurs. Role models are a motivators and many
women who own a small business, are seeked out by young girls and offer
them mentorship and investment in their ideas. Nothing would make me
happier than to help other women reach their potential too.