You Are In The Right Relationship If…
20) You spend time together doing things you both enjoy
19) You spend time apart doing things you each enjoy
18) When you fight, you fight with a purpose, not just to fight
17) You each have your own friends
16) You maintain your own identity
15) Your family and even your friends like seeing you as a couple
14) The respect you have for each other is mutual
13) You bring out the best in each other
12) You both share future goals
11) You are attracted to your partner mentally, emotionally and physically.
10) You keep each other’s secrets
9) You make a great team and people comment on that.
8) You are sexually compatible
7) You enjoy even doing boring tasks together
6) You both share the same financial goals
5) You both feel that you can be open about your feelings without being judged
4) You give each other the right amount of love and the right amount of space
3) You trust each other- you are always honest with each other
2)You are there for your partner’s successes but also their failures
1) You have accepted each other’s pasts and flaws
Always, always, always, go with your gut! Your intuition will never let you down when it comes to emotions and feelings. With the right partner, you will find fulfillment, peace, and love. A person who can be excited about your success and goals in life is someone who won’t hold you back for one reason or another. Most unhealthy relationships include some form of sabotaging of one partner. If your partner wants to change you in any way, and they aren’t accepting you for who you are, that is a sign of a controlling person and they will never treat you properly. In other words, RUN! Another good sign that someone is right for you is if that person can fit in to other parts of your life and you’re not just living the “relationship bubble.” Your friends and family get along with this person, they have met this person and your relationship is NOT a secret! Secret romances NEVER turn out good- ever!
Finally, every good relationship has boundaries. Boundaries are important because it means someone isn’t a pushover, and they can communicate when they are unhappy. Growth is very important in relationships, particularly in the same direction, so you need to be able to have arguments, and conflicts and points of disagreements without wanting to kill each other.
*** The follow up to Hello Love, Where’s Cupid?, “Ax The Ex,” will be coming in 2019.***